|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
OCC Open League - Rules
OCA Free Guard zone rules apply. (4 rock rule)
A Team may consist of four (4) players plus two (2) alternates. The alternates may play any position. At least 2 of these players must be present to throw Skip and Vice rocks before a game can begin. All players must be paid up OCC members and registered in the Open League..
Roster updates can be made up to Feb 1st. (League convenors will need to approve any updates after this date)
At the start of each new season, the team ladder location will be determined using the following guidelines:
1) Number of returning OCC Open players from the prior year, then
2) Number of returning OCC players from the prior year, then
3) The date that the application to enter a new team has been submitted to either the office or the OCC Open Convener. Applications are not carried over from one year to the next.
Spares must be OCC Members. A team that uses an ineligible spare will be considered to have forfeited the game 8-0. Teams MUST write the name of the spare on the score card. Spares may skip (Call the game) but must throw front end. Maximum of 2 spares per team per game. At least 2 Team Roster Members must play in the Game.
If a team does not have enough players to play the game then the team is considered to have forfeited. If a score card has not been submitted then BOTH teams are considered to have defaulted. The score card should be handed in at the end of each night, but may be handed in the following week. If a team requests the game be rescheduled but a date cannot be agreed upon then the game is considered to be defaulted with a score of 8-0.
The score card should indicate the name of each team that have played along with the date, time and ice number. The final score should reflect completed ends, plus in the event that a team conceeds before the 8th end, the winning team shall be awarded 1 point for each unfinished end. If ends are not played due to the 8:25 pm time limit, no points shall be awarded to any team for ends not played.
Each flight is determined by Win/Loss/Tie points. Ties in the Standing are broken using the following criteria:
- 1st tie breaker - Plus Minus(Points For - Against)
- 2nd tie breaker - games Head to Head
- 3rd tie breaker - coin flip.
Points are awarded as follows:
Win Tie Loss Bye
A Division 2 1 0 2
B Division 2 1 0 2
C Division 2 1 0 2
D Division 2 1 0 2
Playoffs format to be determined.
1. Prize Money of $40 per team will be collected at the beginning of the season. Money will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place after each schedule $60, $20 respectfully. The $80 per division remaining after 3 schedules will be awarded during the playoffs, prize money will be determined after we come up with a playoff format.
2. On the early draw, no end is to be started once the clock shows 8:25 pm.
3. After the completion of each 7 game schedule. The top 3 teams in each division will go up one division, while the bottom 3 teams in each division will go down one division.